** STOP THE PRESS – WE HAVE NOW RECEIVED FUNDING TO SUBSIDISE STUDENTS – STUDENTS NOW ONLY PAY £40 **
REGISTRATION OPEN (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
On 6-7 June 2018 we will be hosting the first Women in Missiology Network Consultation at the International Mission Centre in Birmingham, UK.
This 24-hour women-only event aims to:
- connect women engaged in missiology
- engage with papers on the consultation theme of, ‘The Bible and Mission’
- give a space to share experiences and raise issues involved in being a woman working in the field of missiology
- encourage the next generation of women scholars
- help shape the network’s future
Dr Cathy Ross will be speaking on ‘Lament and Hope: “There are things that can be seen only with eyes that have cried.”‘
Dr Mary Evans will be speaking on ‘Old Testament Narrative and its Missional Significance.’
Call for papers
We invite papers on the theme of ‘The Bible and Mission’ and welcome submissions from students as well as academics. The theme is intentionally broad to attract a variety of proposals but examples of submission might include:
- missional readings of the Bible
- the use of the Bible in mission, historically or in current mission thinking or practice
- biblical reflections on a current mission topic
Guidelines for proposals
The time allocated for each paper is 20 minutes. Send your abstract including paper title, your name and affiliation to Rosie Button at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 May. You will be notified by 20 May whether or not your paper will be included this time.
Details of IMC can be found here: IMC website
The cost of the conference will be £95 (with accommodation) and £55 (no accommodation). To book your place fill in the form WiM Consultation Booking Form and return it to email@example.com by 22 May 2018.